Options counseling is talking with a trained professional in the field of aging and disability who helps you create a plan for meeting your basic needs, including your care. Options counselors explain different things to consider as you age, then support you in making a plan and decision about what you do.
Common reasons why people seek options counseling include:
- Wanting to know what's available for older people in terms of financial assistance and care
- Making contingency plans for the care of a loved one for whom they are the primary caregiver in the event they're not able to care for them
- Curiosity about what support is available and how to access resources to age the way they would like
DRCOG's options counselors are able to meet face to face and discuss these issues and more. Contact us to learn how we can help.
Download Options Counseling and Case Management Referral Forms and Guidelines:
- Case Management/Options Counseling Program Information (English)
- Case Management/Options Counseling Referral Form (English)
Descarga Formulario de Referencia y Guía para Opciones de Asesoramiento y Coordinación de Cuidado: