Medicaid Transition Services Options Counseling
Options counseling at DRCOG helps long-term residents of local skilled nursing facilities and other qualified facilities learn what options might be available for community living. DRCOG’s options counselors will provide you with the information necessary to determine whether moving back into the community is right for you.
At your Aging and Disability Resource Center options counseling meeting, you will receive:
- A personalized needs assessment.
- Information about community services including Medicaid transition services like targeted case management-transition coordination (known as TCM-TC for short), Home and Community-Based Services (sometimes referred to by its acronym, HCBS) and the Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (known as PACE for short).
- Referrals to community services.
Anyone can make a referral to options counseling. To make a referral, choose one of the following methods of contact:
- Call 303-480-6838.
- Fax a referral form to 303-480-6827. (If you reside in a nursing home, you can ask your social worker for a referral form or they can complete one for you.)
- Fill out the Medicaid Member Options Counseling Referral Form (the link will take you to a Google form created by the State of Colorado).