DRCOG’s Area Agency on Aging is convening the first summit to bring together local and county representatives to exchange information about their programs and explore ways to strengthen the region’s essential network of aging interests.
Each council and commission may designate a maximum of five representatives* to attend the event.
- Todd Coffey, State Unit on Aging manager, will talk about the roles of the state and federal governments under the Older Americans Act and the funds allocated for community-based services.
- Nancy Gedeon, state demographer with the Colorado Department of Local Affairs, will provide a look ahead at the economic and social effects of Colorado’s aging population.
- Round one: An opportunity for attendees to exchange information and best practices about their programs.
- Round two: Brainstorming ideas for continuing to collaborate as a network.
There is no cost to attend the event. A continental breakfast and lunch will be served. There will be time to network throughout the day. All attendees will receive a contact list of all participants and their organizations.
Contact Kelly Blair Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-480-6787 for more information about the summit.
* Due to venue capacity, a maximum of five people from each council or commission may attend the event. Registrants will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis until each organization reaches its five-attendee maximum. If more than five people register from a council or commission, the Area Agency on Aging will maintain a waiting list.