The Data Portal is a new online application for data exchange between DRCOG and its members. It will replace the former data collection process of using the ftp site or email communication. The Data Portal will allow for more efficient, secure and consistent exchange of data. Some of the advantages of using the Data Portal include:
- Secure site for data sharing
- Reduced errors in data transmissions
- Increased communication between DRCOG and its members
- Storing of data license agreements
- Transaction logging
Two workshops have been scheduled at the Center for Advanced Visualization and Experiential Analysis (CAVA) on the MSU Campus--in addition to this date, one will be held Oct. 30.
Please RSVP by Oct. 15. Laptops will be provided.
Workshop objectives include:
- Setting up and managing user accounts
- Learning how to upload, download and manage data
If you have previously signed a license agreement for obtaining InfoGroup Business and Residential information from DRCOG, you will be able to download the 2014 data from the Portal during the workshop.