For programs funded through the Older Americans Act, the only eligibility requirement is that individuals be 60 years of age or older to receive services. However, through the ARCH program, Information & Assistance and Options Counseling Services are provided to anyone 18 and older living with a disability as well as adults age 60 and older. DRCOG targets services to those who are frail, live in rural areas, are minorities and meet the definition of low-income individuals. A low-income single adult is currently (2013) defined by the Federal Government as having an annual income less than $11,490.

Search the Network of Care provider listings for In-Home-Care providers in your area, or call the ARCH Information & Assistance line at 303-480-6700. DRCOG contracts with providers for Older Americans Act programs including in-home care. Those agencies can be found in the Blue Pages (you can also call the I&A line to have the blue pages mailed to you).

A number of major pharmaceutical companies participate in a national program to provide prescription assistance to low-income individuals. First, determine the manufacturer of your medication from your pharmacist or physician and then contact Centura LINKS at (720) 321-8850 to see if you qualify for assistance.

The Regional Transportation District (RTD) provides transit service throughout the metropolitan area. RTD also provides door-to-door service through the access-a-Ride program. A resource guide to transit services is now available to older adults and people with disabilities through the Denver Regional Mobility and Access Center (DRMAC). Call 303-480-6733 to request your copy of the Getting There Guide or visit the Network of Care website to download.

Contact the Centura Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIP) at (720) 321-8850 or the Colorado Insurance Commissioner at 1-888-696-7213.

Several senior services agencies have sites set up throughout the region from January to April. Contact us at 303-480-6700 to locate the site nearest you or visit our Network of Care online provider directory for more information. Some sites are walk-in and others are by appointment only.

Dental assistance programs vary in their requirements. Refer to the Dental Services section of our Network of Care online provider directory for more information.

Housing assistance programs vary in their requirements. Call 303-480-6700 or refer to the Housing section of our Network of Care online provider directory for more information. If you are looking for assisted living or nursing homes, DRCOG provides a good nursing home or assisted living facility brochure to assist you in choosing a good nursing home. You may also contact a DRCOG Ombudsman (303-455-1000) for information about specific homes or check the latest nursing home survey from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.