Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning
Bicycling and walking are important means of travel for thousands of people in the Denver region each day. That's why DRCOG works to support safety, comfortable and connected bicycle and pedestrian facilities. The benefits of providing bicycle and pedestrian facilities include:
- Enhancing personal mobility options for people of all ages and incomes,
- Reducing motor vehicle travel, travel costs, fuel consumption and air pollution, and
- Improving overall health with increased physical activity
FHWA Bikeway Selection Guide Workshop
DRCOG hosted a FHWA Bikeway Selection Guide workshop in October 2019, where participants learned about facility selection process and techniques. Click here to see the presentation materials from that workshop.
Active Transportation Plan
DRCOG Bicycle and Pedestrian Products
DRCOG has produced valuable resources for bicycle and pedestrian planning including:
- The regional Active Transportation Plan envisions a safe, comfortable and connected network, and highlights opportunities and implementation strategies to improve active transportation cross the Denver region. Read the executive summary.
- Active Transportation Plan: Bicycle and Pedestrian Crash Report 2019 analyzes collisions between pedestrians or cyclists and motor vehicles in the Denver region.
- The Bicycle and Pedestrian Counts Map shows information about the volume of bicyclists and pedestrians at various locations throughout the region. This information is also available for download. Additional documentation can be found here.
The Regional Data Catalog includes datasets with locations of crashes from 2013-2020, including crashes involving bicycles and pedestrians in the Denver region.