2022-2025 TIP Regional Share
Call for Projects (Call No. 1)
The Denver Regional Council of Governments is soliciting requests for funding of eligible Regional Share projects for the 2022-2025 Transportation Improvement Program. This is the first of four Calls for Projects to allocate fiscal year 2022-2027 funds to both the current fiscal year 2022-2025 TIP and upcoming fiscal year 2024-2027 TIP.
This announcement serves as the official notice of the DRCOG Regional Share Call for Projects for fiscal year 2022-2025 Air Quality and Multimodal projects. Available funding includes federal Congestion Mitigation/Air Quality, Transportation Alternatives, Carbon Reduction Program, and state Multimodal Transportation and Mitigation Options Funds. Approximately $43 million in DRCOG-allocated funds will be available for this Regional Share call.
Call for Projects guidelines:
- The call is being conducted under guidance set within the adopted Policies for TIP Program Development.
- Project sponsors must attend at least one of the two mandatory virtual TIP submittal trainings to be eligible to submit an application. Additional details can be found below.
- Projects requiring Colorado Department of Transportation or Regional Transportation District concurrence must submit request forms to those agencies no later than Feb. 4, 2022.
- Additional call details can be found on the 2022-2025 TIP Development webpage. Information includes the schedule, funding overview, project and sponsor eligibility, current TIP Policy and the application used for this call. In addition to the information found on the webpage, the first page of the application contains relevant information.
- Transportation and other data to assist applicants in completing their application can be obtained from the 2022-2025 TIP Data Resources webpage. Details include a link to the TIP Data Hub, which includes the TIP Data Tool (a web mapping tool to assist applicants with spatial analysis questions on the application) and links to download data for use outside of the TIP Data Tool.
- A maximum of three applications are allowed to be submitted from each subregion and two each from CDOT and RTD for this call. Each subregion must approve the submittals.
- Project sponsors must submit application(s) and other required and optional documentation from a link located within the TIP Data Hub no later than 3 p.m. on Friday, March 18, 2022.
- DRCOG staff will confirm project eligibility and score submittals and relay the scores to a Project Review Panel. The panel will review scores and prepare a recommendation to the DRCOG committees and Board of Directors.
Mandatory TIP training
DRCOG is conducting mandatory virtual training workshops to explain the TIP process and application. Per the adopted TIP Policy, sponsors must attend at least one of the two available trainings to be eligible to submit in any of the four upcoming calls. If no representative from your agency attends, your TIP submittals will be considered invalid.
At the trainings, CDOT and RTD staff will also present some common project pitfalls and will be available to discuss potential projects with sponsors. The virtual workshops are being held at the following dates and times, with agendas posted one week prior to each training:
If you have questions regarding the submittal process or the TIP policies, procedures, applications or trainings, please contact DRCOG at firstname.lastname@example.org.