2021 Awards Celebration
Celebrate regional accomplishments and collaboration
In 2021, DRCOG honored the region at a live, virtual celebration. Watch the event here.
Distinguished Service Awards
The Distinguished Service Award recognizes, honors and thanks people who have given their time, talent and skills to the Denver region, its communities and various DRCOG programs and activities. The 2021 honorees include:
- Bob Brocker; president, Colorado Senior Lobby.
- Matt Duncan; principal traffic engineer, City of Lakewood.
- Stu Feinglas; senior water resource analyst (retired), City of Westminster.
- Janice Finch; principal planner (retired), City and County of Denver.
- Perla Gheiler; director, Denver Office of Aging; The Agency for Human Rights and Community Partnerships.
- Phil Greenwald; CTP tansportation planning manager, City of Longmont.
- Evan Kirby, principal, DiExSys.
- Brigitte Lee; Veteran-Directed Care coordinator, Veterans Health Administration.
Metro Vision Awards
The Metro Vision Award recognizes excellence, innovation, collaboration and leadership in problem-solving among communities and their partners. Honorees bring business leaders, elected officials, community advocates and residents together to accomplish more than any partner could achieve alone. The 2021 winners include:
- Leading the Charge for Electric Rideshare Vehicles.
- Sheridan Square (Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver).
- Spark Centennial.
- Nederland Interagency Council on Homeless Encampments.
- Denver Public Library Older Adult Services.
John V. Christensen Award
The John V. Christensen Award is DRCOG's highest accolade and has been presented since 1973. Established in memory of John V. Christensen, a DRCOG founder and Arapahoe County commissioner, it recognizes individuals who promote cooperation and collaboration for the benefit of the region. The 45th honoree is Ron Rakowsky.
Watch a video about Ron Rakowsky