Firefighter Intraregional Recruitment and Employment
Are you interested in working in a fire department in the Denver region? The Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) oversees the Firefighter Intraregional Recruitment and Employment (FIRE) program on behalf of 13 member districts/departments.
This means you only need to go to one place to apply to 13 different departments. DRCOG collects applicant information (including certifications and other documentation) and conducts an online timed questionnaire as well as an onsite written exam that is offered biannually (June and November). Once all application components are complete, applicants get submitted into an eligibility pool for recruitment. If selected, applications are then contacted directly for interviews and further testing.
FIRE Application and Testing Steps:
- Review available test dates.
- Create an account, or login to your existing account.
- Select an upcoming test date.
- If you're not in Colorado, you can apply for remote testing. Click here for more information.
- Complete your application.
- If you are not able to finish a portion of your application or upload needed documents, you can come back to complete it later, but it must be filled out in its entirety in order for you to submit it and complete your registration.
- Complete the timed questionnaire. You will have 25 minutes to complete.
- Register and pay the exam fee. The required exam fee is $50 ($100 fee for a pre-approved remote test date).
- Take the test on the appointed day.
- Login here to view your test results.